Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Loss Is A Lot Like Life

4:30 AM and wide awake has become rather normal to me.
A wild kicking baby, a bit of heartburn and a light snore from my husband is enough to keep these eyes open.  
As I informed you earlier this week, my husband had an upcoming  MMA fight. 
A fight that did not end the way I expected, and most likely not the way his friends and family expected either. 
The first text message I received before seeing my husband face to face after his loss said,
"Sorry babe"
My thoughts, you win some, you lose some. 
And when it's your husband you are supporting you stand near and proud with them whether it be a win or loss. 
This isn't about a sport to me, this is about life. 
We all have days we want to throw in the towel, but then we all have days that are so wonderful we never want them to end. 
And what we learn and how we react from those two kinds of days is what defines us. 
"The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."
Keep on, keepin' on baby!

1 comment:

  1. You win some, you lose some. EXACTLY! Life... love this post :)

    ReplyDelete