Monday, October 7, 2013

Backseat Driver

Well, we probably won’t have a backseat driver for a while, but we will certainly have a new passenger joining us in two months, 9 weeks, 60 days. My eyes get bigger, my stomach drops but my heart becomes full of excitement as I realize that soon 1 + 1 = 3. I know, that doesn’t really make sense in the real world of mathematics, but it makes sense in my world.
Ben and I had not spent  a DIME on our upcoming arrival. I felt unprepared and  deep down I also felt like a terrible parent, ALREADY! So, I made it a goal this last weekend to buy her, her carseat since they won’t let us leave the hospital without it, right!? At least that’s what I learned from watching Marley & Me. With the help of Ben our shopping trip became a SUCCESS! We even bought a few clothing items, I suppose they won’t let us leave the hospital with a butt naked baby either!?!
When we got home I couldn’t wait to take it out of the box. We took it out and STARED. Disbelief? Surreal? Yep, just two first time parents-to-be. At least we can say, “Carseat, CHECK!”
 
Check out Anistyn's safe and comfy car seat!

 
Check out Anistyn's ridiculously handsome Dad!
 
 
Check out Anistyn's HOT mom at 31 weeks.

 
And last but not least, check out the love between her two excited parents. LOVE YOU, baby gal!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment