Monday, March 10, 2014

Dear Anistyn

Dear Anistyn,

I had promised myself that I would write everything about you in a journal, but you are 3 1/2 months old and life has been busy! I thought I was happy before you were in my life, but now that you are in it I cannot believe that I thought I was "happy" back then.

You were the best newborn baby. Other moms terrified me with their exhaustion, but to my surprise you were sleeping 6 hours straight until I was advised by a pediatrician to wake you up every 4 hours for a feeding instead. I let it slide every once in a while, because I still was not used to waking up throughout the night. You grunted...especially when waking up. The newborn clothes you were given - that I thought you would be too small for - fit you perfectly. You are my little princess, that's for sure. Your Dad was a softy, but is now mush. I do not recall a time he has came home after you were born with a frown. I can see his eyes looking around for you the moment he walks in through the door, and the second he finds you he smiles, he smiles really big.

Now that you have moved out of your newborn stage you are twice the fun! This morning your kicks, happy screams and wide open eyes woke me up. You keep me extra busy some days, and some days you sleep so much that I want to wake you because I start to miss you. Your Dad still gives you the best baths. You splash so much when he starts to sing you your bath song.

We are so blessed to have your Dad. He works hard to let me stay home with you, and because of it I was here today to hear you share your first real laugh. Grandma Jo-Jo recorded you and I've watched the video all day long. I've had to watch the video because my attempts at making you laugh again are a big FAIL. 

Blowouts, spit-up, peeing on our bed...we would not trade it for the world. You have put so many smiles upon our faces. You have made us think twice, maybe even three times about decisions. You have made us look at life differently. You are our biggest blessing. So happy to have you! Love you. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Anistyn is so blessed to have two parents who love her so much :)

    ReplyDelete