Monday, March 3, 2014

Anistyn's Baby Blessing

My eyes start to slowly crack open as I start to hear small grunts from a hungry baby that's trying to wake up just as hard as I am. I get up and walk carefully to the other side of the dark bedroom to turn on a lamp. I gently pick up Anistyn and proceed to nurse her.
 
After Anistyn's feeding I stood up with her. I looked in the vanity mirror and saw a Mom with crazy hair and mismatched pajamas, but what stood out to me the most was the way Anistyn held me. Her little tired eyes said, "Thank you, Mom." I just know it!
 
Yesterday Anistyn received her baby blessing. It was such a wonderful day with family & friends. Days before her blessing I was asked to think of something specific I wanted said in her special prayer. Three words struck me most. KIND...I want her to be kind. I want her to respect, love and befriend others. CHEERFUL...I want her bright light to shine through a smile and her personality. I want her to be a happy person and I want her to live a happy life. FORGIVING...I hope that Anistyn becomes a forgiving person. There have been times it has been difficult for me to forgive others, and the moment I do I know that it will - and it has - brought peace and comfort into my life.  
 
However will she learn these things? 
 
It ALL starts at home. Her first teachers will be my husband and I. We need to remember the kind of person we want her to be each day and be that example. And I know that one day she will verbally say, "Thank you, Mom." "Thank you, Dad."
 
 



1 comment: