Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Leap of Faith

On my way home from work yesterday evening the soft sun and the vanilla spice smell of the interior of my car reminded me of last year around this time. Ben had asked me to move out to the city to end our long distance relationship. For once in my life I didn't think twice about my responsibilities, my government job, my fall semester at USU and my friends. The desire to be with someone who had become so significant to me over powered any circumstance. I remember my mom giving me her two cents, she did NOT think it was a smart move...I insisted and always used the same line I had repetitively used over my teen years, "I will never know if I never try." I remember the heartbreak in both my parents' eyes seeing their not-so-baby girl anymore wanting to spread her wings. Love makes you do crazy things and sometimes that extra leap of faith takes you places you'd never imagine. I love my husband so much and I love that small or big decisions always lead you somewhere.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment