Monday, September 22, 2014

Dear Anistyn

Dear Anistyn,

I often watch you sleep. Especially in the mornings after your Dad leaves to work and I am left wide awake to ponder on all the things I have to get done that day, what assignments or exams I have to prepare for or what I am going to make for dinner that evening. 

So, here I am, watching you sleep. You are almost 10 months old. You have started to sleep through the night, but have also started to refuse to sleep in your own bed. You have one bottom tooth on the right and one top tooth on the left. Can you say, hillbilly?! You can climb an entire flight of stairs, so a baby gate is written on the shopping list. Last week as I was washing dishes I looked over at you and you happily grinned at me while you chewed a mystery treat that I had not given you. First I pulled out a set of wings and then I pulled out a dead wasp. Girl, you're killin' me! Speaking of treats...you eat everything and anything. You can't stand to watch someone eat without them sharing. I love you, really, I do. Because when you pooped in the bath tub this weekend and I caught you with it on your hands I swiped you up so fast to save you. You then thanked me with a slight slap to my lips. So, thanks for the poopy lips that I left on so I could clean you off first. Sis, you're amazing in every way. Every day isn't perfect, but having you in my life is perfect in every way. Xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. hahahahah this cracks me up, and scares me at the same time ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be shocked at how you handle poop on your face so naturally some day. Your kids will rarely ever gross you out! I can't wait until you have a baby. You will be such a good Mother. I hope all is well with you. I am glad I follow your blog, I feel so out of the loop without Facebook!

      Delete