Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Post Baby

There are so many things I could write about post partum. I could write about the way it has changed me personally, my marriage, my every day, the way I spend my time...ok, the arrival of Anistyn has changed my ENTIRE life. Yes, I am currently holding a baby that keeps spitting out her binky in my arms right now, and I just want you to know that I LOVE it. But today I am here to talk about FITNESS after pregnancy and giving birth. First of all, I am probably the biggest hypocrite to talk about fitness and eating healthy. I have worked out a total of three times after I was released at my six week appointment. This morning for brunch I ate two brownies packed with chocolate chips (DOUBLE THE CHOCOLATE, oh my!), a cup of diet Pepsi and a bowl of white chicken chili with two pieces of cornbread. I thought that after being released from my doctor I would go back to my OLD self. My old self ate breakfast every morning, had a healthy snack before and after lunch and my dinner almost always consisted of spinach, brown rice and chicken. I very rarely drank soda and I could easily turn down cake, ice cream, cookies, etc. and I LOVED to workout. Before I found out I was pregnant I had been consistently working out and eating the right foods and lost 10 lbs. I started my pregnancy at 129 lbs. and gained 17. While I was pregnant I did not exercise and ate when I was hungry...which turned into ALL the time. I satisfied every. single. craving. and I am so thankful to have enjoyed pregnancy the way I did. The NEW me is 116 lbs. that struggles to motivate herself to workout and eats the unhealthiest foods. Soda is my drug. I even sneak around to drink it. I think it's a way of convincing myself that if nobody sees me drink it that it won't count. 116 lbs. sounds awesome...it kind of is. I fit into jeans I have not been able to wear since I was 20. I also haven't seen that number on the scale since 9th grade, but I am unhealthy for myself and my nursing baby. I guess I expected to be super motivated to be the strongest and healthiest I could be and instead I am having to work for it. My husband is treating us to a cruise this year and the reason I am documenting this is to look back in several months and see my achievements. If you see me around town eating a cheeseburger and a soda once in a while...don't mind me...STRONG is the new SKINNY. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment